“Make it simple. Make it memorable. Make it inviting to look at. Make it fun to read.” Leo Burnett
In this blog you’ll learn:
- How to use direct response communication: to effectively achieve your online e-commerce goals.
- The most important things to do before writing your own sales copy.
- How to use essential copywriting elements.
- Simple, but powerful, language tips ...
... and much more.
- It doesn't matter if you're big or small.
- It doesn’t matter if you have a tiny budget or deep pockets.
- It doesn't matter if you want to increase your market share; demonstrate your expertise; offer packaged goods for direct sale; build an email list; educate prospects on your service offerings; ease order-desk inquiries; encourage brick-and-mortar sales; or sell information ...
... If you don't create and deliver a clear, well-thought-out and relevant promotional message, your site will fail. And since the quality of your product is without question (we hope) your challenge is how to effectively communicate with your targeted prospects so you can get and keep profitable customers as quickly as possible.
Couple this with the other big barriers to e-commerce success:
- The tremendously high level of "white noise", clutter and fierce competition on the Internet.
- The public' belief that there isn't anything "new" of real value on the Internet: and ...
- The impersonal nature of cyberspace ...
... and you’ve got an uphill battle.
"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." Benjamin Franklin
In order to overcome these somewhat daunting challenges, you must first understand how vitally important it is for you to become an excellent communicator. Why? Because…
- People do business with people they know, like and trust
- People know, like and trust people who respect their intelligence and take time to develop lasting connections
- People are more likely to develop lasting connections with people who communicate effectively.
Since you’re building an e-commerce site which will offer exceptional products you must be able to effectively converse with your prospects and customers. You must talk to the right people in language that is relevant and comfortable.
This is the way great relationships begin
Easy to say: harder to achieve. (But that’s good, or everyone would be doing it.)
My goal is to provide you with the strategies, tools, tactics and know-how necessary to create superior e-commerce web copy. Although we will focus on the all-important sales letter, you’ll also find samples and tips for writing other web pages so stay tuned.